roof gutter trim

Hi all again, the edge of my roof is a wee bit raggy so thought fitting gutter trim might be the way fwd -how does it look when fitted?does it stay on ok? cheers again!

Reply to
paul smith via CarKB.com

I changed my old Black gutter trim for a nice shiny chrome one and it looks great!!!

Easy enough to put on if you have patiencience and stays on no problem, It seems though if you go for a chrome one that you cant get chrome or stanless retaining clip?? but take the old one or buy a black one and strip the paint off... looks good!!

John

Reply to
ooFunk

Just a tip - when fitting the strip you can always use a hair dryer to make it a little easier to handle as you put it around the lip. I think its pre

Reply to
Karl

Put it in a bucket of very hot/boiling water to make it pliable when fitting. It will go around the corners better then.

Reply to
TurboJo

before you put the trim on, sort out the rust that may be there. you will find the trim will accelerate any problems if you do not.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Agreed. Waxoyl everything.

John

Reply to
John Manders

And don't forget to trim it around the drain holes or you will end up with gutters full of water.

John

Reply to
John Manders

You can get the gutter trim in chrome or black for =A311.50 online, check this link out

Cheers

Daz

Reply to
dp.barton

Any recommendations for a good adhesive to re-attach a trip piece?

Reply to
Boink

I glue it on with building adhesive, the excess can be wiped off with white spirit while wet, the expensive trim ( £70 ) fits best, the £6 odd ones are more likely to spring off, use a hairdryer on the corners to help bend it,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Thanks!