Colouring calipers?

Hi,

Whats the best way, while I get my discs changed? Might just go for silver colour so they stay looking good, but I would like to know how to get a really smooth factory look... Car is blue so either colour coded or red could be OK, or am I just being silly?

Cheers,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Stock ones look shit with a thin coat of a) silver paint that rusts b) electro zink plated that goes dull then rusts...

Paint them after blasting with some silver metalic, and laquer.

Then they look "new" but better... NOT red!!!

Reply to
Burgerman

You need a kit - something like

postage from them too).It's a full kit - cleaner, brush, and heat-proof paint. Gives a nice smooth finish as long as you're liberal with the paint. BTW, you don't need to do it while you get your discs changed - it's no hassle to apply the paint with everything inplace except the wheels.

Reply to
Nom

Years ago when I started this fashion, I used Hammerite smooth finish.

Reply to
Mark W