Latest threads in Mini Classic discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Respray
Any ideas on how much a respray should cost me for a yellow city e (resprayed the same colour) in the north wales area. has had a little bump and needs new door and sill so thought i'd get a full...
3
3

Mk1 Ignition Problems
Hi, Have just replaced the starter solenoid on my MK1 Cooper 998. Prior to replacing it, I had plenty of juice in the battery (headlights working, ignition circuit live etc.), but the starter motor...
7
7

Re: insurance
Hi, You could try getting him on your insurance as a named driver, but bear in mind that HE will not be building up his own no claims bonus. He can only do that when he has his own insurance in his...
1
1

Re: looking for a set of valves
hiya 12g295 head is so common it would be cheaper to just get a new one from a scrappy. fragged
2
2

insurance
Hello all, this is probably an old one, but any help will be appreciated. I'm trying to get my son insured on my 1980 Mini. It has a 998 engine and non standard Wolfrace alloy wheels. My son is 20 and...
1
1

Goddamn dizzy
I have a question I would love for someone to have a stab at before I tear this motor out. I have recently transplanted a running engine into my 72 mini, and now when I try and fire it up I get...
4
4

Oil for high performance A-series engine?
I'd be interested to know what owners of high performance A-series engined road Minis recommend as to what engine oil to use. I've just had a 1380 road engine built which I'm still running in. I don't...
3
3

2004 Mini Cooper G-Box add-on
Hi, I bought a G-box modifier for the IAT sensor. I have no idea where the MAP/IAT combination sensor is on my car. Any advice other than for me to go to a dealer? Thanks, Alan
3
3

Windscreen wipers will not switch off
Hi, I have a 1993 Mini which the windscreen wipers will not switch off. Sometimes they do but normally I have to knock the wiper leaver when the blades are in the park position to stop them. Does...
5
5

More valve seat unleaded fuel questions
Yes more valve seat unleaded fuel questions! My engine serial number starts with BHM 1439 1XXXXX. While I was informed in the past, via this newsgroup (thank you) that it is likely a rebuilt engine, I...
2
2

Can you advice any resources about Mini tuning?
Hi all, I am going to buy classic mini and make a little "upgrade". May be you know any web site or docs where I can get basic information about: - what model is best as a donor? - should I upgrade...

wheel sizes
Hey readers! Can anyone suggest the ease with which low profile tyres will fit onto 13 inch rims? I'm worried about the tyre scrubbing on the suspension or arches. Does anyone have a proven fit which...
4
4

Real or fake??
)
1
1

Re: coil spring conversion (s-racer blue)
Hi, I read your post because the concept of ridding yourself of old rubber suspension cones seemed appealing. I can not quite visualise the height problem & I am not sure what a Hilo is but ..........
1
1

BINI in flames on Watchdog!
Hi all, Anyone else see Watchdog last night on BBC1? There was a feature about a lass with a shiny new BINI, which decided to incinerate itself only a few minutes after her and a friend had got out of...
2
2