2003 Galant Oil change question

Just bought a 2003 galant, time for oil change. Of course, the idiots at the shop must have air wrenched the damn oil pan bolt on as it is immovable. What is the correct size wrench/socket to remove this thing?

Thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick

It is the 2.4 L engine, if it makes a difference..............

Reply to
Rick

Should be 17mm nut size. There should be a crush washer on there and no reason to over-torque. My bet is they got sued for a dropped bolt or they didn't have the washer.

Never go to a "quick lube" place. You can get better oil than they have for far less than their cheapest service. If you do it yourself, you do it correctly and can inspect the underside of your car. Only women should use quick lube service.....actually, I take that back, women can do it just as well as those noobs...

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Did you ever get the oil pan bolt out? I've got a Montero Sport that I just tried to change the oil on for 2 hours. I had a socket that fit nice and tight and strip the socket before I budged the bolt. Then tried a hand wrench and nicely curved the bolt. Then tried vice grips...now have a nicely rounded bolt and never even began to break it...hoping you have some new advice. Next I'm going to weld a wrench to it....just kidding....

Reply to
sdogg7