2007 Eclipse GT

Just got a new 2007 Eclipse in trade for my 2003. I always said the v6 was a little weak and this new 3.8 has a ton more hp and torque. The six speed box is a nice treat too but the gearing is too close. second gear is almost totally useless unless you are trying to impress a Mustang GT. It's a good thing the car performs so well because the interior sucks. Dash design and layout is as bad as I have ever seen inan Eclipse. The backseat is there only to say there is one not to actually seat anyone back there. But wow, the power! Also rear visability is a real issue. Mitsu took away that rear wing that sat up right in your line of sight but placed the B-pillars in such a way that rear visabilty is extremely compromised. But, oh the power! One last observation...make sure you have a firm grip on the steering wheel when you put the hammer down because the torque steer is always present and wanting to make the car go where IT wants to go. But oh, the power! They also got the exhaust tone right...it is awesome sounding after 3000 rpm.

Reply to
McLaren5

LOL

I have a 97 Spyder GST with a few engine mods. Saw the 2007 spyder, thought it looked good, went and took one for a test ride.

I kept my 97...

When you sit in the new 2007, it feels like you are sitting down in a bathtub. The power is better than the previous generation - but no where near my 97. Handling - well in the new eclipse not only does feel like a tub it handles like one.

Guess I'll just have to keep my old GST running.....

Reply to
John

The power you feel after 3,000 rpm is the MIVEC kicking in. Have you gotten any mods on your GT yet?

Visit

for a great 4th generation community with lots of knowledge about the car. I have the GS trim and I am waiting on going forced induction on my four banger. Don't forget to drop by
... my name there is mutiny. See ya!

Reply to
Sean