4G63 engine

i am now looking for a 4G63 eninge and have found one for $2100, does anyone know a place to find one for less?

Reply to
eclipse98

ebay - $1800 including ecu - drop them a line and find out if it includes a turbo.

You will end up wanting to upgrade the turbo, but a stock one will get you going - believe me - it will be a world of difference over your current engine!

Reply to
john

AHHH! the much over-rated crank-walk issue... ;-)

It is true that seven bolt motors are more susceptible to crank walk than 6 bolt motors (referring to the number of bolts that hold the fly wheel on), however, the percentage of 7 bolt motors having problems are still very small. I have had two seven bolt engines with 140K miles and no sign of walking.

before considering the conversion go to

and do some research on what is required to convert to a 6 bolt.

If you plan on building your motor, either go to a six bolt or have Magnus or Overbore rebuild you engine, they both have fixes for crank walk. Overbore guarantees their motors against crank walk for life, not sure what Magnus's guarantee is.

john