5 speed trans end cover _hel;p !

Blew a hole in the cover on the trans in my 1990 TSI AWD. (from the nut coming loose-AKA 5th gear shifter movement) Anyone know if that's the only cover that will fit the trans ? Seems the cover is all I need replace. Will any 5 speed trans cover fit? or just a 90 AWD trans cover? Thanks in advance ! Anyone have one?

Reply to
Help Please

Of course not. It has to be the correct cover for the transmission model. You should have a W5M33, but there are subtle variations over the years. Check the new price from Chrysler or Mitsubishi: should be about $140.

The larger issue issue is that the 5th gear lock nut worked loose, so this should be replaced with a new one. Your 5th syncro and the synchroniser cone may be worn out too. One or both of these may need replacing. Good news is that the trans does not have to come out to do it.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS