96 Montero LS

I have a 96 Montero LS that I just had the water pump and timing belt replaced.....I now have virtually no power, and a helluva spark knock (not correctly timed).....the mechanics tore it back down and said that all the timing marks were correctly aligned.....now, my question is: with the timing marks aligned, how does one set the timing to 5 degrees BTC as it states on the tag underneath the hood? Is it with the Crank Angle Sensor???? This car has a coil pack and not a distributor, and I think the whole problem may lie with the assumption that the mechanics accidentally moved the sensor when replacing the belt....any help is greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks much!.....Ken

Reply to
Ken

Sounds like it is not tied correctly. I'd have the "mechanics" re-check their timing, or better yet, check it myself.

Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman