97 Magna V6 3.0L What type engine?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what other models the 97 3.0l V6 (ECI Multipoint FI) engine is used in? I have this engine in my 97 Magna and was wondering what reliability issues there has been with this engine?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
TM

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:37:08 +1100, "TM" scribbled:

6G72. V6 2972cc DOHC 24 valve. As per used in the Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT to all you yanks), Mitsubishi Diamante, Mitsubishi V3000, Mitsubishi Pajero, and every other Mitsubishi since the late 90's with a 3L V6 in it.

The 3.5L V6 is the 6G74, 2.5L V6 being 6A13, 2.0L 6A12, 1.8L 6A11.

I don't think there are many reliability issues with this engine.

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

Many thanks for your helpful information Phillip.

I'm wondering what sort of milage others are getting from this engine?

Many thanks,

Thomas.

Reply to
TM

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 09:36:00 +1100, "TM" scribbled:

Provided they are serviced well, you can get up to 300,000kms easily, if not alot more. My 4G37 1800cc engine in my Galant here in New Zealand is on 368,453kms, and doesn't blow any smoke (visibly anyway). Only thing I've had to do was alternator, but now I have to do my head gasket.

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

"Phillip Weston" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Well ,well ,well I have got this engine in my 94 Sigma 4ws and it would urgently need a service of the hydrocaps already after 130tkm.

And its an AT so there hasn't been to much stress on this particular engine.

I have seen other engines performing better in this respect.

Reply to
Marcel Baum

368,000 is very good km's for a 1.8 you must look after your car well. My car currently has 204,000 is serviced as soon as it is due. I prefer to change the oil filter with every oil change. There seems to be a trend (in Australia anyway) to only change the oil filter every second oil change. I can't see the point of putting clean oil through a dirty filter. Until the last couple of services i used Castrol GTX-2 but have recently switched to Penrite oil which seems to be ok. About 150,000 km of my KM's have been long running because I don't drive in the city very often.

Thanks again.

Reply to
TM