Error Code P1400 on 1995 GSX

Hey Everybody,

I have a question for you. My friend and I both have 1995 DSM's (Mine's a 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD and his is the 1995 Mits Eclipse GSX) and like any good DSMer we share tools and knowledge, but the recent problem we found confuses us both.

We used a data logger to pull the error codes off of the cars and his came up with P1400 (Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit). I have never experienced this error code before. I know the sensor keeps track of the changes in pressure in the intake manifold as it relates to the current barometric pressure, I'm just unsure what would cause it to crap out. It could either be the sensor just reached the end of it's life cycle, something wrong with the intake manifold, or one of the modifications done to his car may have triggered it (unlikely, I know but I figured keeping an open mind only helps in situations like this).

The mods he has on his car is the air system has been entirely replaced with a mandrel bend system (I can't recall the exact one at the moment, hey it's 2am what do you expect from me) and he replaced the T25 with a T28 and he has a cat-back system, nothing too obnoxious 2" system I think.

So what do you all think? Could it be caused by a cracked manifold? Maybe the sensor just pooed the bed? Maybe the sensor couldn't handle the changes? Something else I may have missed?

Does anybody know a method the check these theories?

Thanks in advance, CMF

Reply to
Chris Ferris

simpleton

No I haven't, but I know where you are going with this.

I was just thinking that it may be a vacuum leak. I'll check it out tomorrow when the temperature reaches above freezing. Guess I should have waited until this morning to post, 2am is no time to try to diagnose a car...

Thanks simp, CMF

simplet> chris, have you double checked all of your hose connections?

Reply to
Chris Ferris