Eagle 2000 GTX

Seems the ECS Compressor decided to call it quits on my 1992 GTX

Local Chrysler dealership can't even find a part number let alone find me the part

Would anyone happen to A. Know what part # I'm looking for B. Know if the ECS system is the same for the 3000GT/StealthR/T and the

2000 GTX? C. Know where a compressor may be for sale

Thanks

Reply to
Pushur

I presume you mean the compressor that runs the adjustable suspension. Some years back I looked into this and a) the compressor was about $900 from Chrysler (less from Mitsubishi) b) the strut airbag units were also very expensive c) find a used compressor thats any good is pretty unlikely

d) its cheaper to replace all the struts with standard parts

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

I would be interested in swaping for standered parts But i'm unsure what i would need

Reply to
Pushur

You replace the existing struts front and rear with standard struts. I would recommend the KYB GR2, or if you can afford $300 each, Koni adjustables on the front, GR2s on the rear. Stay away from the Munroe Sensatrak: the quality is patchy and they don't last long (the good ride lasts about 6 months in my experience). Your existing springs are OK. You should also replace the strut top insulator bearings, as they are now 14 year old. The improvement will be very noticeable). While your at it, you should replace the lower control arm bushes too (age), and check the ball joints.

You may also need the upper spring cups as these tend to rust out. There's a rubber insulator ring that fits the top spring cup that will need to be replaced.

Get the part numbers from a Chrysler dealer, and then go to Mitsubishi for the parts .They come from the same warehouse and will be cheaper. Get KYB or Koni from any auto-spares outlet.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS