EVO compared to SRT-4....

I own a 2005 SRT-4 and seriously considered a new Subaru WRX STI, but a friend told me about the EVO being superior. Acceleration is top on my list. Any EVO owners frequent this group?

Dave

Reply to
David McDermott

Dave, I have a 2003 evo, all stock. I think about this questions quite often, since my sons really like the srt4, they are 15 and 17. For some reason I really like the 4 cylinder turbos, I am addicted. I have had the evo since new and have had it out to a couple of track days at road atlanta. BTW, I have seen all of these three cars on the track. The only thing the srt4 does not have in my opinion is the AWD and the suspension, the handling piece. but still very capable. I think stock to stock the evo is a bit faster in the 1/4 on because of the suspension can rock on the track. The subaru performs awesome and is fast, the guy I saw was running one with some mods and was impressively fast in it. I also believe that someone won the Road and Track 1 mile across america race (with the srt4). I believe in the same class as evo's and sti's. Of coarse at this level they are all modded. Done quote me on the R&T, I just thought I had read something on it..,

I also saw a boxter hit the concrete wall, after that I was I took my foot off of it a bit. The evo with the advans will stick and stick around these tracks, it is amazing and fills one with confidence. In the end they are all fun/fast and cool cars, it just depends how much money you have to spend. Oh, and how much you have to spend on gas...

Reply to
branigan

Dave, if you intend on modding the car and going fast, the EVO is king. The SRT-4 and STi are great cars but the action is with the Mitsu. The EVO aftermarket is hot and the cars are getting faster all the time. Plus, you'll never have to lurk at nabisco and deal with Subaru kids.

These guys made a name as top vendors in the DSM world and have put their knowledge of the 4G63 to work.

Avoid dorm room tooners and anyone named after an Indian Goddess.

Reply to
simpleton

The EVO has years of DSM marketing to build on. There is no way a SRT4 can compete with the EVO, dollar for dollar. In addition, while the EVO continues, Dodge/Chrysler has dropped the SRT4. I, personally, don't like the look of either car. Mitsu should have just fixed the 2G DSM and left it alone. Of course, I'd prefer a Poopra MKIV to the EVO.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Thank you for your input. I bought a 2005 EVO VIII to add to my collection. I kept the SRT-4 because the dealer would not give a good trade-in figure.

Reply to
David McDermott