Found out what an SRT can do

With increased boost......... THE HARD WAY :-(

There I was minding my own business.......... I went in to work about 5 am Sunday morning to get a few things done and gett'n on the freeway right behind me was an SRT. I figured no big deal, I'll drop the hammer and leave him behind ......WRONG !!!!!!!! No one on the freeway but us two, took it up to 120 after just entering freeway and dropped it as he had a good quarter mile on me and was rapidly disappearing.

The last time I got left that bad is when a guy I know that has an 03' Cobra w/ about 525 H.P. I would love to catch up him around town and see what he has done to it, I was most definately impressed

Who woulda thunk

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

SRT??? Small Round Thing???

Reply to
.boB

Dodge Neon SRT,

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Bob had it right ;)

That is very impressive however. Makes me appreciate the sleepers all that much more when they blow my doors off.

Reply to
Matt

what kind of mustang do you have and mods

Reply to
Christopher Shea

I rode in one yesterday with stage 2 Mopar upgrades. It's very impressive what you get for your money.

His was an 03, and those don't come with a LSD, so when he got on it, it only put the power down with 1 wheel, and it was still VERY responsive. The

04s come with LSD stock so I can safely say that it will absolutely own any non-cobra Mustang.

Still lacks the torque I have come to love in my mustang, but once the boost kicks in, you're firmly planted into the seat and your stomach gets thrown in the back seat ;)

Mark

Reply to
nerdymark

They had one at the track the other day when I went. Its an ugly little thing but it moved pretty good. I can't remember exact times but I think it was mid 13's at over 100. Impressive indeed. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

not to speak of the style of that thing, and the exhaust rumbleof the GT... That SRT is on ugly car... I totally love the rumble of a 03GT, even stock it's very nice.

Rein

I'll tell ya guys, this new breed of pocket rocket is nothing to mess with :-) While there always '03 Cobras and modified GT's that will kill 'em, for the most part, most of these new rockets will mop the floor with most stockish Mustangs. The WRX STi, the Mitsu EVO Lancer, SRT-4 etc are amazing...and this is stock! Most of us know how easily a turbo car can be modded. Exhaust, more boost, fuel upgrades etc...it's not a fad. They are a force to be taken seriously.

Me, I kinda dig the EVO and the WRX STi both.

Mike "Currently in a 12-step recovery program for ex-Mustang owners"

Reply to
Mike

Which SRT? If you mean an SRT 10 Ram, it IS 525 horse power :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

1997 Mustang 5.0 w/ 5speed

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Holy shit.. LOL... what kinda car were you driving? 15 year old Dodge Omni? ;D j/k

Reply to
<memset

Actually....its 505 CI with 500 HP and 525 lbs of torque. The top speed on that rascal is 150 mph with a 0-60 of 5 seconds. It quite simply runs like a scalded dog! Then again it might just be that 508-watt sound system...

Beware of Rams with wings..

Reply to
Mustang_66

Hmmm? Don't 'member it. I most definately would have written you back. Like I told Windsor Fox, I have been in school since August and have been supra-busy. Program is 31 college hours/semester. Give 'er another try. Would love to hear what' s up!!

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike