Had my hubcaps stolen today

Why ya busting kids looking for Aminita? Let 'em have some fun!

Used to be a pizza place in Atlanta that would put ANYTHING you wanted on your pizza, long as you brought it in (hint...it was called the Magic Mushroom, their matchbooks had a mushroom leaning back, one hand behind it's 'head', and a joint in the other...

But, COOKING the mushrooms seems to have an effect on them, and they aren't as good as if you just clean them and eat them raw...

O_O

Reply to
Hachiroku

Really??? I thought it was Toronto, Canada.

Reply to
thomas

Now you know why people steal hubcaps.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Did you know that your alloy wheels also have hubcaps?

Apparently not. ;)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Yes, I know. But no one seems to collect those, and I have never lost one from hitting a curb, etc (unlike full size hubcaps). Even if I ever did loose one, the OEM ones for alloy wheels are a lot cheaper than the full size hubcaps that are put on steel wheels.

Reply to
Mark A

Some s*****ad stole my mom's Caddy "wheel covers" (complete with locks) right out of her carport. A different s*****ad stole my bicycle (AND my tools AND my emergency $5 bill). It's clearly irrational, but deep down in my heart I have no problem at all with capital punishment for thieves.

A few months ago I heard a commercial: "Can't afford new wheels? RENT the wheels you deserve!" The world is getting sicker every day.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Heh heh - yeah, instead you get curb rash on your expensive alloy rims, which cost even more to replace than hubcaps. :)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

I am not overly picky about scratches on my alloy wheels. It does help if one gets alloys with a matte finish, instead of a highly polished finish.

Reply to
Mark A

I don't know about thieves, but I do favor the death penalty for selling polycarb on high power lenses.

Reply to
Mark A

How about Simonize on a new car? Or worse, Simonize on an OLD car?!

Reply to
hachiroku

Nah...file the scrape down, sand it and then get some tripoli and some finish rouge. In about 3 hours you have a nice, polished rim again.

Reply to
hachiroku

People are dying in bush's glorious Oil War and this loony is worried about his hubcaps.

Reply to
Laura Bush murdered her boy fr

Hey. When I want MY car to look Fast and Furious (tm), Bush is the last thing on my mind. Hell, this is America!

Richard

-------

-- Democrats - absentmindly typing 'rm' and pressing enter!

Reply to
Learning Richard

Well, OK, but the stuff is good for safety glasses and cheesy sunglasses, especially if it's polarized.

Reply to
The Real Bev

If you choose the right tires, they come with a rim protecting lip of rubber.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

On 30 Jul 2005 20:04:17 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" was understood to have stated the following:

Why haven't you switched over to a 8' smart car, micro-weenie?

Reply to
David W. Poole, Jr.

Better yet, he should join all the other cowardly surrender monkeys in France.

Reply to
Sharx35

Boy, you idiots can think up any way possible to hijack a thread and turn it into a dumb-ass slam, can't you?

How 'bout next time, if you haven't got anything to say, not saying anything? Moron...

Reply to
hachiroku

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Subject: Crisis in Gaul

Paris residents get rise in terror alert

PARIS, July 21 (UPI) -- The AP and UPI reported that the French Government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from Run to Hide.

The only two higher levels in France are Surrender and Collaborate.

The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively disabling their military.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Almost all alloy wheels have this today. In addition, there are shops that repair expensive rims for fairly cheap rates.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know