Had my hubcaps stolen today

Look at the bright side: here's your chance to buy a set of spinners!

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

I can't wait until we have cars like the ones in "I, Robot." Not only will they eliminate the loss of throughput caused by incompetent Sloth drivers, but they have spherical wheels so they don't need hubcaps!

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

^5 Farquart -- the most awesome name in the newsgroups

Reply to
Learning Richard

wow I'm being prolific today --

I actually picked up some 1991 Honda Accord hubcaps from Ebay (I don't like the 1992 hub caps even though I drive a 1992 Accord)... They came packaged with Honda decals I had to apply.

I've gotten quite a few compliments on them. Its amazing really what a good set of hubcaps does for a car's appearance.

Oh yeah I picked up the four hubcaps for around $50, which included shipping.

And, I agree with Ray -- particularly with a Mitsubishi!

Personally I hate Mitsubishi's, and with good reason. Ex-gf had a 1986 Dodge Colt (mitsubishi) with a 5 speed -- she had to replace the tranny at around 90k. Then another friend had a 1994 Hyundai Elantra (mitsubishi tranny), with one kick ass little 1.8l dohc engine -- but right at 60k (out of warranty) he had to replace the tranny (somehow it got stuck in L1), and then his replacement tranny wouldn't go into overdrive.

THEN, yet another ex-gf's dad had a 1993 Hyundai Sonata (mitsubishi tranny) and his tranny went at around 90k.

Reply to
Learning Richard

I love it...mid-80's Dodge Colt with a sticker that had a Rising Sun with a cirlce and a line through it...said "remember Pearl Harbor, boycott Japanese products" !!!

Dimwit...

Reply to
hachiroku

jesus. That attitude, plus those multimillion dollar donations to the Democrats, is what helped kill Unions in the USA.

yep -- left becomes the right

Reply to
Learning Richard

Huh? They're still alive, they just moved into government where "management" can just raise taxes to meet their demands.

Go, Ahnold, knock 'em dead.

Reply to
The Real Bev

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:33:41 GMT, hachiroku , said the following in rec.autos.driving...

That's judy's specialty.

Judy keep quiet? Heaven forbid.....

Reply to
Paul.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:01:51 -0700, Scott en Aztl=E1n , said the following= =20 in rec.autos.driving...=20

And to replace the stock wheels with 22's....

--=20 Paul

Self-appointed unofficial overseer of kooks=20 and trolls in rec.autos.driving.

Reply to
Paul.

Who's Judy? I'm assuming it's not the same Judy that used to let me play with her... when we were 11...

Reply to
hachiroku

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:32:43 GMT, hachiroku , said the following in rec.autos.driving...

Probablly not the same person. The "judy," I am referring to has been known by an untold number of different nyms, including "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend," (as you have already met) "Laura Bush - Vehicular Homicide," "aunt millie," and "Pride of America," among others. The consensus is that one of her first nyms was "Judy Dairya," hence the reference to him/her (no one is really sure which judy is) as simply "judy." Common belief is that judy resides somewhere near Littleton, CO, but I'm not sure of the basis for that conclusion.

In short, judy is a two bit troll who likes to make inflamatory posts and inflamatory replies to other's posts inorder to *try* to make people angry and to bait them into flame wars. Hypocrisy is one of judy's trademarks. See the link in the .sig for some quotes of judy's. To what gratification it gets, I really don't want to know. Most of the rest of us either ignore judy or like to press its buttons and make the kook dance for us.

HTH.

-- Paul.

Connecting POA to LB MHB/VH See the following:

snipped-for-privacy@newsgroups.bellsouth.net

Reply to
Paul.

My alloy wheels have this funny plastic coating or something on the face (They don't have it on the rim). I fixed some kerb rash by sanding the rim, but when I tried to lightly sand the face, it just made big white scratches in that plastic shit, which I hadn't noticed until then. What would the purpose of that shit be? Also, in some places it has big white growths UNDER it, it looks kind of like a fractal pattern.

Reply to
Old Wolf

My alloy wheels have this funny plastic coating or something on the face (They don't have it on the rim). I fixed some kerb rash by sanding the rim, but when I tried to lightly sand the face, it just made big white scratches in that plastic shit, which I hadn't noticed until then. What would the purpose of that shit be? Also, in some places it has big white growths UNDER it, it looks kind of like a fractal pattern.

The coating is a clear coat that is supposed to slow down corrosion and oxidation.

Reply to
Ray O

Try

. A while back I needed simulated wire wheel covers for my Mom's old Ford wagon. I ordered the replacement from hub cap annie. They were less than half the price of Ford. When the cover came, it was new, in a ford box. I also ordered a wheel fromo them and got good results.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Try

. A while back I needed simulated wire wheel covers for my Mom's old Ford wagon. I ordered the replacement from hub cap annie. They were less than half the price of Ford. When the cover came, it was new, in a ford box. I also ordered a wheel fromo them and got good results.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

To make you want to buy new ones. You didn't know that? Same reason paint peels or fades. Same reason headliners sag.

Be unique. Encourage it. Soon everyone will want it.

Reply to
The Real Bev

The only car company that seemed to survive that far, was Audi, however, and I still haven't forgiven them for all the electrical problems they had in the '80's.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

Common belief is that judy resides somewhere near Littleton, CO,

Doing reverse lookups on the NNTP-Posting host contained in it's messages, at least the ones I've looked at, indicate that it is somewhere in NE Colorado, if memory serves. Some times resolution is Denver, sometimes elsewhere, but always close and in Colorado.

Reply to
Xeton2001IsAMoron.20.dwpj65

Actually, that sounds pretty cool!!!

What you probably ran into was a Clear Powder Coat. It can be removed by sandblasting, but then you are in for a LOT of work! Here is a link for refinishing Fiero wheels, but can be applied to any aluminum wheel. I had my Corolla GTS boosted 11 years ago, they stole my gold anodized factory wheels. I found some similar wheels on a Celica in a junkyard. I followed this to the letter and they look like chrome! I am going to have them gold anodized again; the anodizing process dulls the finish somewhat, so I made tham as polished as I could.

Here's a link:

It is a LOT of work; about 3-4 hours per wheel, but when you get done they look absolutely GREAT! I would then have them powder coated again. In my case, anodizing will put a hard finish about 2 mm deep, so they don't need powder coating. I sanded them by HAND, if I used some kind of sander for the first sanding steps I could probably cut about an hour off the time. I have 2 more to do (I only started this project 2 years ago...) I also sanded the machining marks right off, right down to a smooth finish.

Reply to
hachiroku

That's *great*

Reply to