mitsubishi evolution 1

hi can anyone help me i have a evo 1 a great car and really fast but when driving it on the top end it seems to hold off and loose power but when i take my foot off the accelarator and replace the power it starts all over again please can anyone help me ........ :D thanks

Reply to
vinnie

OK, it sounds like you lose power soon after hitting the top end, and backing off, then on restores the power. This is pretty typical of loss of fuel pressure. This can be caused by several things.

a) your fuel filter is blocked .. replace it. b) the fuel pump is cavitating ... try with more than 1/2 tank of gas. c) the fuel pump is leaking inside the tank. There's an O-ring that sometimes fails and causes loss of fuel pressure. Easy to fix but taking out the fuel pump can be a bear.

Other issues to look at ... d) The ECU is tripping the fuel cut-out / rev limiter. Sometimes caused by O2 sensor or MAF sensor problems. e) the turbo is losing pressure somewhere. Look for turbo hose leaks eg the blow of valve, intake. f) wastegate is flapping: check the WG solenoid arm is connected to the WG lever.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

hi i have just read your reply to the problem the other guy was having with his mitsubishi regarding loss of power on high rev. Boy that was great, you have just save me £300 on my car. But i have another problem on a mitsibushi GTO. i do not know if you can help with that. the problem is that it is burning fuel exesively to an extent that you can smell the fuel coming out of the exhaust. i have not driven it since then. this problem stared since i got the injectors tested. but befor that it was driving fine. i do not know what to look for at this moment. hassan

Reply to
hassan25

Reply to
Simpleton