Over-riding the ignition key lock for 95 Eclipse

Hello, I need help on how to allow my key to re-enter the "LOCK" state on the ignition key hole. My car was recently broken into and they messed up my auto transmission pretty bad. I can move the shifter from park to all the gears, but it no longer requires me to push the button down or have the brake on. The problem is that my key is stuck in the setting before ACC and it will not go into LOCK position because the shifter is busted. Is there a way to over ride this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Tony Eckert