Re: Shogun chewing tyres

Assuming you're not kamikazing around corners, the reason is most probably wear in your steering or stabilizing joints. From what I see in my Haynes manual, it takes special equipment to replace these balljoints. Then it is not difficult.

Groeten, Frank

"kezoe" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

I have a UK 1990 V6 LWB. Tyre size 235X75X15 to 27lb psi > > It's just started chewing up another set of front tyres in exactly the > same manner as the last lot. It starts with the front nearside wearing > rapidly on it's outer edge. The car has been checked for alignment > twice. The last alignment was performed on the latest light beam > equipment that has the large reflector pans fitted to each wheel. > After a while of this the tyres go out of shape causing a bad driving > experience. > > Does anybody have any ideas on this? Is this the first sign of > balljoint problems? If so, how easy are they to replace? > > Thanks
Reply to
Painless

Thanks Frank,

I think you may have a point here. I have noticed the steering behaving strangely recently. Will check it out.

Reply to
kezoe