replacing O2 sensor on 2004 Galant

Okay so the wife was told by the Mitsubishi dealer than the O2 sensor is going bad on her car. Quote was $400 for the repair. They are trying to sell her on a new Galant but she isn't buying the deal.

Anyways, I don't know much about the Galant, but is there more than one O2 sensor? How difficult is this to replace? I noticed on Auto Parts Warehouse that this part only costs around $30-$40.

Also, I'm looking for the best places to get the manuals to service a

2004 Galant and a 2005 Lancer.

Steve

Reply to
Squeeds

There are two O2 sensors, front and back. The one usually need replacement is in the front and easily accessble. The one in back is for data loggging mainly. Make sure your new O2 sensor has the same type of plug as the old one. Otherwise you might have to cut wires and things can get messy. Good luck.

Reply to
morshedbashir

snip snip

Steve

See if you can dig up via Google Groups some old posts about replacing the O2 sensor on my 2000 Galant. There are four on my model and a couple of them are very easy to access, but the others are not.

O2 sensor [Re: Tools for diagnosing "Check Engine Soon" light?] Re: Locations of O2 sensors [Re: O2 sensor] O2 Sensor continuity check failed [Re: O2 sensor]

Good quality O2 sensors may cost more than $30-$40. I ordered mine from the dealer and it actually turned out to be less than buying the best quality from an auto store if I remember correctly.

-- Himanshu

Reply to
Himanshu

Reply to