Stereo problems

98 Eclipse gs... CD/Tape deck.. CD player keeps giving me an E 01 message.. Won't play. Tried to clean it with lens cleaner.. Nothing. Any suggestions?
Reply to
cowboy36

When mine did that, I hurled it into the trash and found a decent Alpine (CDA-7940) on Ebay for $120.00.

Reply to
simpleton

Like I said....

cheap and 10,000 times better than what you have now. This unit has Alpine's best CD/Tuner/Preamp section and is better than most people's home systems. It is the same as the unit I run except this one also has a 40 watt internal amp.

Reply to
simpleton

Yeah.. I'm kinda feeling that I'm gonna have to do that too. Thanks for your reply.

Dirt cheap and 10,000 times better than what you have now. This unit has > Alpine's best CD/Tuner/Preamp section and is better than most people's > home systems.

Reply to
cowboy36

Hi cowboy, Have you disconnected the power supply to the CD/Tape recently ? Sometimes it needs a code to initialize in this case.

Reply to
bashirmorshed

I have, but I did put the code in. The FM and Tape Deck work fine. It's just an error when I insert a CD. For a while it was hit and miss. It would go out on me and I would keep trying and sometimes it would work for weeks. Then back to the same old crap. I thought it might have been an issue with cold weather, but it is definately not cold here now..

Reply to
cowboy36

I have similar problem. AM and Tape works fine, but FM does not work. I checked the antenna cable (likely culprit) but the connection seems fine !!!

Reply to
bashirmorshed

That is worse than my problem. Sorry man.

Reply to
cowboy36