strange problem

Been having a strange problem with my Charisma 1999 occasionally I have been having a problem where I would be driving along and suddenly for a few seconds I would lose power and the engine would stutter like mad for a few seconds and then recover and then be fine...

This hasn't happened for a couple of months then today does it twice this morning and also when the car was stationary idling happily at

900RPM and suddenly without me touching any pedal the engine revved up to 4000RPM a couple of times and then stalled. It started again without any problem and made a 40 mile journey without any further problem but it is still a worry.

It had previously happened mainly on the way to work very early in the morning when all the electrics were on, radio, wipers, lights etc so I the battery and electrics checked out and they are fine so any ideas?

The car is due for a service but otherwise working well.

(oh and the central locking almost never works first time but always works second time, any clue?)

-- ButIstillneedtoknowwhat'sinthere! Thekeytoanysecurity systemishowit'sdesigned! Thatdependsonwhyitwasdesigned! Ihavetoknowwhatwhoeverdesigneditwastryingtoprotect! (Blakes 7, City on the Edge of the World - Vila in typical panic mode)

Reply to
Luke Curtis