Tips to replace Galant starter -(89 SOHC Manual Tran)

I need to replace my starter soon. I see the starter is hidden at the top back of the engine on the left hand side.

It is hard to see, and I do not see how to get to it.

Does anyone have any tips to remove/replace it? What tools would make this easiest?

With thanks,

Phil

Reply to
Phil Lederer

I guess no one answered because they knew it was a dumb question.

It is quite easy, thought the space is tight. I would only recommend a breaker bar to loosen the 14mm bolts holding the starter in place.

The job, working slowly took just an hour. Cheap too, only $40 for a rebuilt starter with solenoid.

My Galant lives again!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Lederer