What's the Trick in Getting the Socket Detached from a Galant 01 Headlight?

I would think a straight pull-back would work. Dont see any ears that need squeezing. Or do you push, twist and pull, something like that I've tried that and nothing either. Thanks for help!

Reply to
frank1492

It's probably melted fast. Disconnect the battery negative (just in case) and use a screwdriver behind it to pry.

I just found both headlight connectors on our 01 Eclipse were shorted and melted the connectors. Original bulbs. I strongly recommend getting new connector with pigtail from the parts store, then wiring them in with the ground going to the nearest chassis ground point instead of thru the hair-thin stock ground wire.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

Thanks Dave. Are you sure that my connector isn't different from yours? I'm afraid that, if something else is holding it on, it will break if I pry.

Reply to
frank1492

No, I'm not sure it's the same. But I went thru the same questions with this car. Proceed as you see fit.

Dave

frank1492 wrote:

Reply to
David Geesaman