11902miles!!!?

That'll be a new set of front tyres on my 'Velle 174 then. Arse. God alone knows how many (few?) miles it'll do on a set when it get chipped next month. 174bhp/400NM std, 227bhp/572NM when 'breathed upon'. It does go pretty quick for a van ;>)

JB

Reply to
JB

What's the tread depth then? Just below 3mm, or 1.6mm?

Reply to
DervMan

If the steel carcass isn't shining through, he's a sissy ;-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Pah, I managed a similar mileage from a set of front 185/55 13s on my ~65bhp 205 Diesel when I was 17.

(c:

I suggest using the handbrake more often.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

To even up the front / rear wear?

;)

Reply to
DervMan

Everything will be suffering in the wet too...

Heh; I suppose. I don't have that luxury - but then I also have the luxury of not driving a company vehicle, so it's a double edged sword.

Reply to
DervMan

That many?

Sierra was the worst, at 6000 miles for all four, then the Volvo at

8000-12000 for the fronts (apart from the time I put NCT5s on which had low grip but lasted 20k), 10-15k seems to be the norm for the backs on the merc.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I guess I must drive like a puff after all then :>(

6k miles on a Sierra? 4x4 Turbo? My mate in Sutton has a rather special Ford SVO Sierra XR4x4 with integral supercharger in the block (Test vehicle no.7 of 14 ever built). That gets through tyres at an alarming rate. Massive fun to drive though.

JB

Reply to
JB

XR4x4 2.8. It was driven hard and sideways at every possible opportunity.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

*Top* work Sir! I'll bet the petrol bills were alarming too.

JB

Reply to
JB

Back in the day probably not, but now, that's something else... :-)

Reply to
DervMan

It was surprisingly not that heave on fuel, Sierras are so much smaller and lighter than modern equivalents.

I ran it as my daily driver billing expenses to the company I was working for. It ran on 95 unleaded and returned >30mpg on the motorway and

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

*Tim Kemp in >30 mpg on the motorway shocker*

:)

Reply to
DervMan