1997 Passat Turbo

I have read loads about DV valves and how the standard Bosch ones are a bit rubbish etc. Can someone please help? I have a 1997 Passat 1.8T

20V and am about to have it chipped by Upsolute. I thought I'd upgrade the DV but it's not the same design as the 710N Bosch ones. The 710N type won't fit. The DV on my engine is to the front left when looking at the car from the front. Would the APR R1 fit or the Forge 007 "A Line". Anyone know which DV will fit my '97 engine? I'm also not sure which K&N air filter I need. Is it the 33-2125 (for the 3B chassis number like mine) or the 33-2675?

Last question. I am also going for a different spark plug- a cooler one. The NGK BKR7E seems cheap enough (gap 0.028"). This okay?

Thanks

Reply to
allen04

Take a look at

- I'd have thought the 007p was what you were looking for - an upgraded recirc valve - or there is always the Split-R valve if you want some sound as well. Someone who knows for sure, probably Depresion hehe, will be along shortly to confirm or deny my rantings...

Reply to
Iridium

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Iridium, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

My Cosworth killed a Forge Motorsport GpA Kevlar dump valve thing in just under 1000 miles.

Should be fine on a Passat though.

Reply to
Pete M