3000bhp hot rod on ebay - sounds like fun

Hmm rather long link item number: 4582238267

I dont tihnk this has been posted here? Prob has however it does sound fun...

Ed

Reply to
Ed

niiiiice! i want!

Reply to
Vamp

Funny it's on American Ebay. It's an aussie built car. Rod Hadfield is considered one of Australias top hotrod builders.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

THey must produce some utter s**te in Oz.

Reply to
Conor

I'd like to see your insurance company quote you happy on that one Vamp!

Reply to
fishman

Because it's not been done before? big block engine = boring compared to a Merlin.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Just a bit!! Imagine the sound from that RR engine... mmmmm

Reply to
Ed

Your sound effects are a bit out - not so much 'mmmm' as 'ROAR' :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

You've never followed Top Fuel drag racing have you?

Reply to
Conor

I can't work out how you open either door with those ...guns in the way.

Reply to
Mark W

No.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

there are some photos further down with the doors open - I think the front parts of the guns are actually attached to the door and seperate from the rear.

Reply to
Chris B

Top fuellers use nitromethane to make that power, this is a road car running on unleaded petrol

Reply to
Homer

And quite alot of it too :)

Reply to
Ed

I think they squirt so much into the engine that if it doesn't ignite the hydraulic pressure does all sorts of nasty things to it...

Reply to
Halmyre

Firing it up is a bit fraught with danger. Still as they say, no pain no gain.

Reply to
Conor

They don't drive them on the road though.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Actually one or two of the Funny Cars are street legal.

Reply to
Conor

No wonder that it's on US-Ebay: the US-market for such a car is a bit (1000 times?) bigger than the Aussi market.

Second reason is the Colin Chapman-reason: when you sell expertise to a far away country, it is less likely that your next-door competitor gaines acces to your little tricks and findings.

Nice car on all accounts but it must be somewhat noisy inside. Haven't seen a radio in it either. :)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I guess so. 20 mil Vs 300 mil of potential customers. But Australia never seems to stop surprising me. I went to a boat show 2 weekends ago and there was at least 100 boats there that cost over the half a mil $aus mark, some as much at $2mil. Who the hell buys these things?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston