[a little OT] Top Gear

Thats crap :) You take the coast road, ok compared to the M62 it might be country lane, but still, its a main A road. Although a yank tank would still not be suitable for comuting - petrol prices and all...

Reply to
Dan405

there not all 8.0 only one special edition is.... they do V10 turbo dervs and 5.5 V8 iirc.

Reply to
Theo

I would request that you rephrase that. Fords from the 80/90s are generally crap. Early and later ones are the best!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The diesels are very special! Incredible torque figures!! You dont realise how big they are till you see one in the flesh. I used to see one when i was at worked, parked with 2 other cars - a smart and a Landcruiser. I think the Smart would fit in the back of the Ram, and even the Landcruiser looked small.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I remember going up the mall and seeing a brand new ram in there, it was HUUUUUGE, I'm 6 ft 6 and I had trouble looking into the window... leather everywhere and a big V8 badge....

I want one

Reply to
Theo

That's one of them. I want the 5.7 V8 supercharged version that does

0-60 in under 5s.
Reply to
Steve Firth

You're me, you are.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And at the other end of the scale - 5th gear tonight, the best bargain cars - the Charade appears to handle so bad it was dangerous!

The ka appeared to perform well tho - the lack of ABS as standard let it down tho. Did appear to handle the track well, although that Kia thing seemed genuinely capable.

Reply to
Dan405

Eh what? Missed it up to the Getz going around the track.

Reply to
Doki

Charlie wants one, and would concede to get the diesel. :)

I want two, one for each foot. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Bugger, and after they diched me, I didn't watch it.

Reply to
DervMan

Dodge Rams:

Mild:

TD 305bhp Dualie Medium:
V8 345bhp

Hot:

V10 500BHP Tyres: 305/35R24!!

Reply to
Grant Mason

that's for wimps.

worlds fastest pickup, street legal and diesel powered...

12.15s quarter, 115 term...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Look for the GMC Cyclone - much more useable :)

Reply to
Dan405

The stock SRT-10 Ram does it in 12.9 @ 106. Hardly shabby compared to a one-off hand-built special running on slicks.

Reply to
Grant Mason

there's quite a difference between 12.9/106 and 12.15/115

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Is there? I admit to knowing v. little about 1/4 times.

Reply to
Grant Mason

The Ram on slicks probably wouldn't be too far off 12.15 anyway...

Reply to
Dan405

yep. Think how long it takes most vehicles ot accellerate 106-115, that's the difference...

Also, the sidewinder is diesel powered and auto, the SRT-10 is manual, V10 petrol.... over 8 litre....

And the SRT-10 is geared for a somewhat lower speed than the sidewinder's

222 mph , and it's capable of 22.2 mpg...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp
[Dodge Ram]

is Charlie the missus? Or the name of your partner at least?

Whatever, Mrs F pured scorn upon my desire to own one. Then as we were crossing the Alps in the Exploder she pointed to a FoB pickup truck in front of us at the Gothard Raststatt and said "I like that".

Heh, sorted.

Reply to
Steve Firth