A6 good, bad or ugly?

Given up on the 350Z for practical reasons. I think an A6 is going to be my next car. Any pearls of wisdom (as opposed to wisecracks) you lot have about problems, what to look for etc. I'm looking at the 2.7T or Quattro sport models ATM.

Reply to
Johnny

I like them, so probably best avoided :) Theres a 2.7T? That sounds cool :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Volvo S60 2.5T, T5 or R might be a good alternative. All available with AWD as an option, better spec, less money, better ride quality and option of the adjustable Ohlins suspension.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

hahahahahahahaha

no

get the A6, much much better looking, better image.

Reply to
Theo

Or get the same spec car with a VW badge for a few grand less....

Reply to
SteveH

Hahahahahahhahahahaha.

No.

If you could have a car that drove better in every way, still looked ok and had a decent image, you'd still choose a car that was slower and drove worse because in your opinion it looked better?

Dude, no.

Reply to
DanTXD

Or, get a Passat W8, cos they clearly rock.

Reply to
DanTXD

And probably Skoda badge for a lot less, with the V6 TDi lump and so save even more money.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Funny you should mention that, I saw one the other day and thought they aren't bad looking motors. I'm not a Volvo fan but that's more prejudice than experience. I'll definitely look into it.

Reply to
Johnny

Yeah already had a look at the Passat. Choices, choices.

Reply to
Johnny

I thought about that too but might as well admit i'm a little bit of a snob. (god knows why)

Reply to
Johnny

arent the S60 volvo FWD?

give me the 4.2 A6 anyday

Reply to
Theo

AWD as an option on all the powerfull ones, plenty of them around :)

Reply to
DanTXD

GO for the AWD R. Not really an M3 beater as Volvo would have you believe but still very quick.

Whilst a very good car, the dealers have loads and loads of low mileage ones that just won't shift so you can really get a very VERY good deal.

Reply to
Networkguy

check out a test in a Superb V6 TDi, then the Audi back to back.

And if you want real Snobbery, our local Skoda dealer has in the same showroom, Skoda, Brabus, AMG, TVR, and Porsche. and they are right across the road froma VW showroom, and the Skoda showroom looks 3 times as flash, and plush as the VW one.

You don't get cars like that in the same group unless there is something good about them.

Who is going to go into a Showroom looking for a Brabus when there is just a huge Skoda sign over the door, unless they were of similar background?

An example of a Superb

are better spec models available. Anyone who discounts the Skoda brand (unless they have serious image problem) has more money than sense these days. And the official skoda blurb line.

MeatballTurbo

But the front end is quite illegally and hideously ugly.

Reply to
DanTXD

You mentioned the 2.7T A6 - I don't know if they've improved them, but have a look on peachorlemon.co.uk or the user reviews on parkers.co.uk - last time I looked a lot of people had a lot of problems with the 2.7T's.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well the non-quattro A6s are FWD. Unless I'm wrong and the latest ones are RWD, but I doubt it.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Thanks, my attention has shifted to S60's at the moment.

Reply to
Johnny