Another what car post! Sorry!

and neither is likely to be available for < £3k !

Reply to
Jamesy

Spent 30 mins or so yesterday looking at Autotrader & Elephant for insurance. Here is a quick sample of cars that look ok, feel free to comment!

Volvo 850 T5- For the "bang per buck" these are unbeatable. £1100 to insure, £2000-£2500 for a decent '95/96 T5 Saloon with all the specs... mm, but a bit "boring"

Alfa Romeo 146ti- I love this car! Nearer £3,000 for a decent one with A.C, althought you can get a 96 Ti for under £1500. Quite quick, same insurance as a T5.

Fiat Coupe 16V- Can't get insurance on the 20V or Turbo models, the 16V isn't exactly fast and the insurance is about £1600!! Lovely looking though. Expensive servicing?

Fiat Bravo HGT- Decent one for £2500-£3000. Insurance same as the Alfa, pretty quick but will it be reasonably reliable?

Renault Megane Coupe 16V- Not too slow, little on the expensive side to buy and the insurance is on the same levels as the HGT, TI and T5. Nice inside, I like em but not emotive as an Alfa or Fiat!

Hopefully that list will give you an idea of the sort of car I'm looking for!!

/felix

Reply to
felix.t5

Rover 620Ti = A Rover, the end. Volvo S40 T4 = I cannot get insurance, god knows why not when I can get it for a T5! Merc 190E = I'll have a buzz on Autotrader

7 Series BM = Not interested in BMW's!

/felix

Reply to
felix.t5

;-) Well..... its nearly standard LOL. I'm including modified examples in the above though. 400bhp 9000's are all very well but anything with a corner on it the C900 romps away.

Probably not.... Can build you one the same spec as mine for a reasonable cost.....

Cheers Matt

**-**

Without a doubt the Lancia Integrale would meet and exceed all of the requirements but.... £3K only gets you a rough one and no matter how many people try to convince themselves their reliable their really not, and not in a few little things type of way ;-) I'd still have one though

900's still stronger, more reliable, more tuneable and soaks up abuse quite happily.

Matt

**-**

how much?

Reply to
Theo

when you do, rev the bollocks off it, power down in the corners to bring the front round, awesome grip, quite a lot of lift off understeer....

Reply to
Theo

Eh ?

How can you have both Fiat Coupe and Volvo T5 in the list of "sort of car I'm looking for" ?

If you're concerned with reliability, then avoid anything italian.

Megane Coupé isn't a quick car.

You've eliminated everything but the T5.

Reply to
Nom

Don't you dare. there are only so many second hand transmissions to be=20 had in the UK.

After that it's =A31500 a pop for an Eriksson uprated rebuilt unit.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Hehe! I really should be talking this Felix bloke into the T-5 route, but I don't want them to become as common as Ti's on here ;-)

Reply to
Jamesy

Have a look at

for a quote first.Car is pricier, but insurance should be cheaper than a T5 too.--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

its hardly more tunable.

Reply to
Theo

LOL.

He's gonna miss out on a bargain TI - he discounted them "because it's a Rover" ! Yet, he's happy to look at a Fiat Coupe !!!!

Reply to
Nom