happy as a mofo :)

tried to get insured on the new sierra after nearly fainting at the £1200+ quote I started to phone and email about

got quotes ranging from £1200 to £2300 from the 15 or so companies I called/mailed/websited on a car that I got for free and has cost me £500 to fix and run for the last 4 months I wasn't about to spend that much on insurance, even tp only it was £790 cheapest

I was just about to give up when I got the addy for Liverpool/Victoria

they came up trumps with a £506 quote fully comp paperwork in the post job done to say I'm impressed is an understatement and when I said they had beaten the previous best quote by more than £700 the lady on the other end of the phone seemed to smile coyly and not say anything :)

even accepting the 3 years no claims if I can get a letter from work to say so (which no one else would

I may ask them about the 24V TT estate when it comes round to doing that

they come very highly recommended so far, I just hoe I don't have to claim for anything :/

on the "Liverpool Victoria Online Quote" button and away you go :)

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

about £50 more expensive for me, as were tescos. In the end I went to one of the things in town, er, shops i think they're called. Broker got me a good deal :)

seems like a good thing, though double check what the end quotes are actually for! A few I've done dont seem to have registered correctly with the quoting company, and they've messed things up. eg, it thought that my mileage was 1000 a year, not the 8000 i put.... increased qoute by about £300......

Reply to
Barry

[...]

Why are you insuring a Sierra fully comp?

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Especially if you got it free..... doesn't make sense.

Reply to
Steve Burt

anyone know if telling your insurance company that your not going to do more than 9k in a year and then you do 12k in 10 months is a problem?

Reply to
Joe

I'm not sure how your insurance company would know bar looking at MOTs.

Reply to
Doki

It can often work out cheaper to insure a car fully comp with voluntary excesses maxed out, than insuring it TPO or TPFT. If it's an old scrapper you won't want to claim, so the voluntary excess won't make a difference.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LV seem a lot cheaper FC than TPFT or TPO - SWMBO found this out. They won't insure me on anything close to interesting until I am 25 tho. Older women - just dont ask em their insurance premium

Reply to
fishman

Yes but if your mot runs out in June and your insurance in Jan, you did all them extra miles whist covered by your previous insurance......

didn't you??

Well that's what imp telling them.... should they ask

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Wait until you have an accident and find out?

Reply to
deadmail

In article , snipped-for-privacy@eyesbigfoot.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yeah, same for me. Few minor mods (seats, shocks, exhaust backbox) on the Skoda Favorit, and LV said they prefer modified cars to be FC so FC is cheaper.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , "Joe" spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Depends whether it is an estimated mileage on a normal policy declaration/application, or a specific limited mileage policy. On a normal policy no, on a limited mileage policy, you are uninsured after the mileage limit for that year.

Just try to be more accurate on the estimate next year.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Joe (joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

All the limited mileage policies I've had have asked for mileage at inception.

Reply to
Adrian

same here I do less than 1,500 miles in the TT I'm looking at around the 4,000 miles in the new one and the rest of my 80,000 is done in the van ;)

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

You won't want to claim no matter WHAT the car is, unless you've had a big knock ! I always max out all my excess for this reason.

Reply to
Nom

£506 sounds excessive, though. Driver under 25? Very bad area? My old Nissan is £130 a year, fully comp. Even the new-ish Renault is only about £170
Reply to
Steve Burt