Re: CUNGTS!

So I reboot and have a look on Google. Apparently Freedom2Surf have been

> pissing about with your connection if you use P2P software since Pipex took > over. Dickheads...

Have you tried Azureus? Works for me.

Reply to
Steve Firth

WOO. It works. Even though it's interpreter s**te.

OTOH. 4k/s on a 512k connection? They can f*ck RIGHT off.

Reply to
Doki

Turn on the encryption in azureus, this helps a lot. It doesn't help me though as my belkin router takes exception to p2p programs in general :-(

Reply to
Andrew Jewitt

Anyone who is hammering their connection needs a business grade router - Billion 7402R2 or 7042G is the cheapest I've found that causes no problems even when it's got lots of stuff hanging on the client side including P2P, FTP and Mail servers and 40 web users. Built in VPN server is handy too.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Peerguardian / safepeer is useful for those who are downloading copyrighted material as it helps to prevent the owners of such material connecting to you and complaining to your ISP. If you're only using P2P for freely distributable stuff then there's no point.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've had great experiences with Linksys. I think it is better than Cisco gear. Which is ironic.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I don't know what my router is, but I can download at 240k/sec on 2mb, granted P2P often doesn't get there, sometimes, but not often. Usually hovers around sort of 100-200 mark if I'm lucky.

Reply to
DanTXD

It doesn't here - that's the speed with it turned on! Been fiddling around a lot to just make P2P work (before I set azureus up, the connection would freeze up totally, for HTTP and the lot).

Reply to
Doki