Anyone fancy a bit of a gamble?

I would, but I have an interview next week for a job with a car, so it would seem foolish to buy something until I know the outcome.

Reply to
SteveH

My mate changed his car today, had a Mk2 MR2 NA, chopped it in for a Civic Type R. Just thought you'd all appreciate that, cos, you know, RWD to FWD, and the Civic is like, £12k and a 54 plater, and he doesn't even own his own home.... tsk!

;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

WTF???

That has to be worth more than a grand, surely... even with that many miles under its belt.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Hmmm, lots of miles, possibly a bit rough, missing keys.

It's probably about right - straight and tidy ones aren't *that* much more expensive these days.

Reply to
SteveH

Reply to
JackH

*boggle*

On a different note, I picked up an N plate Golf TDI yesterday - GL model, so leccy toys all round, but alas, due to the age, no aircon.

Needs a windscreen, the front bumper painted and an MOT, but is otherwise pretty good nick bar the odd car park dent, and a massive wad of receipts from new, which suggest it was one owner up until 2003.

£375 - given how well it drives, I reckon I'll have it on the road all in for £600 max., including 6 months tax and a filter service. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH