Anyone fancy a nifty little laptop ?

Ultra groovy Dell latitude LS PIII 500. You know you want it...

Please either

a) Form an orderly queue b) Rip the p*ss about the price / spec / weather.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Finally got my dad to join the laptop brigade with a 1.5Ghz Tosh fir £325 so that's not too far off what it may fetch with a good prevailing wind.

Reply to
Depresion

> ame=STRK:MESE:IT> >

Now sold - took about 3 hours, and I've got some lovely paypal funds as well :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

ame=STRK:MESE:IT

ARSE FUCK BOLLOCKS.

I wanted to buy that, I got to the page before it sold but it had gone by the time I pressed buy. I could have picked it up too, my parents live on the way to Kilsyth from Nauldyland.

Ah well, I hope it goes to a good home.

Thanks for listening.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That was quick, I guess spamming newsgroups dose work then. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

> ame=STRK:MESE:IT> >

So do I - Balloch, near Tesco in my case. Not that I'm a native - well not exactly.

Sorry about that - would have been nice to not have to go to the post office to send the thing.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I shall apologise in advance to other posters for the blatant off topicness of the following post...

Tesco? You mean the Auchinbee branch of Willie Low's. (c: (whether or not you get that will depend on how long you have lived in Balloch).

Heh, I lived in Dullatur till I left to become a student in Aberdeen when I was 18.

Not your fault, free market and all that, I was just slightly frustrated. I've got 3 laptops but they were all free (read being chucked out) and in various states of disrepair. I was willing to pay the money for that one as my best one is a some sort of AMD 266.

Celery.

Douglas

PS Bagsie a go in your Locost!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Locost - aye no bother. Once it's MOT'd again. ( V.soon)

Willie Lows ? - I've been her much longer than that. I remember when there was nothing here but the old quarry. We yokels were quite shocked when the wullie low's opened. I stayed just down the road then, but I'll not mention where in case you get feart that I'll chib you ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

My parents used to have an old P reg Range Rover, I have vague memories of being in the back as my dad drove around the old quarry before willy low's got built.

IIRC there was a helluva lot less roundabouts in them days. Mixed blessing as laterally, the diesel and grime infested roundabouts were where I taught myself lift off oversteer in a Peugeot 205, I got a full 180degrees once. (c:

I learned to ride a Honda C90 between tescos and where the new Dullatur Golf Clubhouse is when I was 12, after they built some of the streets but before they built the flats and things up there.

Hmmm, Croy? Twechar?

I know 2 brothers who rode into Croy one saturday on their bikes, aged 12 and 14 or so wearing Rangers strips. Fair do's they were from near Lanark and weren't to know what was about to happen, but as the mob of young chib-weilding inhabitants gathered I don't think anyone has ever ridden a bike out of croy so fast before or since.

Ahh, memories.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

My home town - how very quaint it is.

Maybe that's why I no longer stay there ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Don't you mean Vogue memories? :-)

Peter