Right, who wants to buy the Merc?

Cos I appear to have found myself a Golf GTi 16v to mooch about in.

But the Merc has to go to make room for it.

£750 and you have yourself a fine example of Teutonic Thunderbus!!!

*and for the non-regs*

1989 Mercedes 260E Auto, leather, most of the options bar AC. Mot til October (I think), tax til the end of April.

Roll up, roll up, tis a bargain!

*end of message*
Reply to
Pete M

Colour?

Reply to
Chet

Jewish Racing Gold.

Pete M

Consider this me asking for first dibs, on behalf of my dad whose been looking to get one, for a while.

So... (*deep breath*), miles, history, known faults... anything else we'd need to know, considering you're about 300 miles from here?

Reply to
JackH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, JackH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Miles, 164000, history, er.... none apart from engine replaced a while ago, engine has done around 85k,

known faults, slight blow from downpipe joint, slightly noisy waterpump

Things that aren't perfect, two little dents in the bootlid couple of small bits of rust on front arch one rear speaker doesn't work properly one mudflap missing bit of wear on drivers seat backrest. could do with an oil change soon.

Reply to
Pete M

Have you got it in blue?

Reply to
Chet

Ang on... I've got a tin of Dulux here somewhere....

Reply to
Pete M

Or swap for half decent digicam and some photography lessons ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Get ta fark!.. can't drive a digicam.

Reply to
Pete M

Have just spoken to the cantankerous old fool, and he says he's now decided he's got his heart set on a 190E.

I did try to convince him otherwise, but to be fair, he did seem a bit phased by the bulk of the recently sold on E34, when he drove it the other week.

Wish I didn't have to pool everything at the mo to buy the new Golf, else I'd have been up for buying it myself.

Anyway, here's some gratuitous spam of my own:

JackH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, JackH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

No probs. although the 260E doesn't feel as big as an E34. It IS as big, but doesn't feel it.

good luck, now get out of my spamthread :-P

Reply to
Pete M