Anyone seen this?

Let me learn to build my own first. It will be a learning experience, first learning to weld, then learning to weld on something you need to stay welded :)

Then working out things like fuel mapping. It would probably end up something like a 10 year project, and by the time I had finished it would be a real valuable classic in original form because only 3 left, and I butchered it.

But it would be fun to drive a rear engined turbo car, even if it was a

1.3.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

If you are sticking to MIG then welding is simple try gas welding overhead for a challenge.

Reply to
Depresion

i already drive a RWD turbo car :) and it is fun ;)

Reply to
Vamp

I said rear engined, not RWD. totally different ball game.

Half way through a corner, bored with lag you floor it. The boost kicks in and your underwear changes colour.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Don't think I'm brave enough for gas yet. Mig, or low amp stick probably.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Damn, I've not got a turbo...

.. got a rear engined car though :-)

Reply to
Pete M

Then you will know the feeling. Is it a proper aircooled short wheelbase idiot killer? They are fun if, when it starts to understeer, you back off. They change ends faster than you can say "Oh, f*ck"

I want one oneday, especially if I can get one with a Turbo.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I started on gas, very therapeutic non of the bright arcs or loud buzzing you get with mig or stick but things do get much hotter. Also a good start for tig.

Reply to
Depresion

i got mid engined, not hard to move it back a bit more is it? :) and it's FAR more scary if you floor it in a bend, my MK1 showed me that without a turbo

Reply to
Vamp

well you'll have to bolt one on then pete ;)

Reply to
Vamp