apologies

Sorry people, it appears that my posts have been repeated a lot on here! My news server (free.teranews.com) is a smelly, steaming pile of s**te with undigested lentils and sweetcorn in.

It seems that it wasn't sending the packet or whatever to confirm that the messages had been posted to OE, so OE kept them in the outbox and resent them every time it did a Send/Receive cycle.

Another factor could be that my ADSL connection is shockingly terrible in its reliability. It's really intermittent. Probably down to the fact I live out in the sticks maybe?

Whoops. Shite server, s**te ADSL and s**te OE.

fish

Reply to
fishman

hehe, I was with them for a month or two, and even tried upgrading to a pay package for a couple of weeks, but they were s**te all round. Missing posts was the worst thing though, with close second being lack of connectivity. Currently paying Giganews which is, so far, flawless.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

What is their binary retention/completion like?

Reply to
Mason

signup, wait for approval. No binaries, but pretty good spam filtering.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

check out news.individual.net

Reply to
JohnR

newshosting are much better value - having said that their server is having a problem as of last night but its the first time in months.

Reply to
JohnR

connectivity.

Not niticed any problems but had to look up the actual retention time.. 1 year for text NGs, 50 days for all else:

I just have the $7.99 package since I don't use usenet for binaries

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Fair enough, in my book.

It's exceedingly rare that this is actually the fault of the multi-postee.

Apparently >Sorry people, it appears that my posts have been repeated a lot on here! My

Reply to
Questions

is the place to go - bargain basement accounts are only $6 (£3.20) a month, and there's a handy web interface if you don't wanna use a Newsreader. Perfect completion if you're a binaries fan (well, as perfect as it can be), and 30GB-per-month is nice.

Reply to
Nom