alloy wheel nuts

Just bought me some alloys for my 205, but I don't have any alloy nuts (er, bolts actually). Anyone know of a sensibly priced source?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Pfff, what happened to the 16 i gave you ;)? Anyhoo, Ebay usually has a good selection, they are a funny shape tho Pug ones (at least, the 405 ones were) with a tapered end, so make sure you get the right ones.

Reply to
DanTXD

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "DanTXD" slurred :

Ah, well, they're still on the 405, and I can't use them ,'cos otherwise the wheels keep dropping of that.

There were some pug nuts on ebay, which I bid on, but I was sniped :( Looking at the mounting holes in the wheels, it looks like the nuts should have a sort of tapered bit and then a flat flangy bit at the top....

I have the steel wheel nuts - they have a tapered bit which matches that in the wheel for location, but no flangy bit to spread the load, so I reckon there's a danger they'd pull through the alloy, which would be A Bad Thing.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Puegeot dealer?

Reply to
Conor

About £4 each. I may have a set somewhere. if you can wait till the weekend i can have a nose about for ya.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

BLOODY HELL. They only used to be £1 at Ford.

Reply to
Conor

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "Carl Gibbs" slurred :

Aye, which would make the nuts more expensive than the wheels and tyres :)

That would be excellent. Thanks.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Otherwise, a breakers yard would be a good bet.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

in news:wRsHd.46$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net, "AstraVanMan" slurred :

Yup, good idea. *time warp* The chap at the (only) local scrappy reckons he doesn't have any in, although it might be worth going for a wander round. Assuming that my new best friend Carl doesn't find any :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Shame, as my mate scrapped a 205 a week or few ago, and that had had alloys on it in the past, so they were probably the right type. Ho hum.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

Found them :) A mate had them and i'm getting them back tmrw evening. Can i interest you in some wheel bearings to go with them? :) Email me off group (reply addy works) and we'll sort the details out!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "Carl Gibbs" slurred :

Mail sent.