apple macs

I like them. Especially their soft-touch keyboards. Makes or breaks it for me IMO.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I'm an open minded sort of person. The sexual orientation of my computer doesn't really matter to me anyway.

The keyboard on my Mac is actually quite a nice thing to use, it's much better than the crap most people I know use by choice day in day out. The mouse on the other hand, I found to be a pool of steaming pish.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Thought? Most unlikely.

Oooh look at this shiny, shiny new MacBook Pro that I am typing on. 17" screeen, 2Gb of RAM, 160GB HD and two fast little processors. It's running Windows XP virtualised in the background and it's running it faster than my last Windows Laptop. which expired on Saturday with a bang.

Reply to
Stephen Firth

Parallels? It is great, although it struggles with isochronous mode USB forwarding, it seems. Still, yes, my macbook is a fantastic little machine.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Yes, absolutely sodding brilliant. I took the drive out of hte fritzed laptop and installed it in another. Then booted up and imaged the disk using the tools provided with Parallels. Installed the hard disk image ont he MacBook booted into Parallels and it's like nothign happened. The same environment with all the tools, data etc in their correct places.

Unbelievable but also very gratifying.

Hell, I'm just astounded that it works, including access to all the same peripherals including the scanner, printers and so on without a single detectable fl...... [NO CARRIER]

Reply to
Stephen Firth

Still gay though

Reply to
Abo

Certainly owners are 'happy' since Apple invented a use for the Mac, as an interface between the iPod and the internet.

Reply to
Mark W

Not my quote but sums up Mac users pretty well IMHO. (quote taken from hardocp.com)

I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did. Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

Reply to
Jack

I think the PC interface between iPod and the Internet certainly is a pile of shit in comparison.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I wonder why this particular argument always runs and runs. I think its probably because neither side can think of anything original.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Bit like Mega Drive VS SNES when you were at school - everyone's spent a lot of cash on what they've bought, and very few people can afford both. Any admission that the other system does anything better has to be avoided at all costs. Obviously the SNES was better because it had Contra 3 and Mario Kart.

Reply to
Doki

Bah, bloody youth. Spectrum vs C64 vs BBC. (BBC had Revs and the original Elite as well as a decent (for the time) built in programming environment, so clearly is best. Just don't mention the cost difference...)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

SNES ruled! i once stopped writing to an old pen pal when i got a letter telling me he got a megadrive for xmas lol still i've played both since and sega did make and still do make some well good games!

Reply to
Vamp

Megadrive had Sonic. When I was at Uni one guy I shared a house with had a Megadrive, another had an Amiga, and I had a SNES and Amiga. So we had the best of both consoles, and used to link the Amigas together with a null modem cable (hand built by my me...), to play four player Lotus Turbo Challenge 2. This was the first linked up game I ever played.

Commodore 64 vs Spectrum...

Reply to
Abo

wow linked amiga's! i used to dream of that! i didn't link any comps together till i think 98 or 99 whenever the first GTA game came out cos thats what i played in 2 player link up!

Reply to
Vamp

Yeah, we used to hammered and play to the wee hours; Lotus 2 or Streetfighter 2 on the SNES.

Then I never played linked up games again until I got into Quake 2 DM on the internet, on my ~48k dial up (eww). I don't know what I'd do if I had to go back to dial up again...

Reply to
Abo