Astons for Shite old MR2 money.....

Pity you're so far away. I'd have done it for you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk, Dave Plowman (News) decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Any tips on the best way to do such a thing?

I'm half tempted to actually drive the thing into my mates studio.

Reply to
Pete M

A decent pair of mics with the fronts overlapping but pointing about 60 degrees apart - or a stereo one - with adequate wind protection. Trouble is, they ain't cheap. A good MiniDisc with the levels carefully set will make a good recording. Trouble is the portable types have poor microphone amps so a separate mixer would be best.

Listen to the car from all angles and decide where it sounds best. Then position the mics there.

Well, if he can run some mics outside it should sound great. Indoors would sound strange.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Truer words have never been spoken.

Fraser