Attn Vamp: Quote the Mark Milton defense in court.

You were only honing your skills

Sleeker GT Phwoar

What the f*ck was he driving to go that fast??

Someone mentioned a Vauxhall Vectra but that SURELY can't be correct!

Reply to
Me

Don't under estimate that new 3.2 litre 24v Vauxhall engine, top speed is

155 mph so on the clock could be anything, thing is that camera onboard that caught the driver out, is supposed to be calibrated, so maybe it was out?

Still a well fast car though.

Reply to
Ronny

GSI 3.2 Vectra apparently.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

The Fuzz get they're cars fettled with though, at least that's what I've heard from a few people who know coppers, so it could be accurate!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

'tis true - many of the T5 nutters are using ex dibble Volvos.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I don't think they do, at least not nowadays, they just get "converted" to police use, then put on the road. and driven at 40mph in 1st gear everywhere.

I never did understand that, when I used to go out in pig cars, they always drove in the lowest possible gear revving the f*ck out of the engine, it was most uncomfortable. They said it was something to do with "always being ready" but I think it's just a load of bollocks.

Reply to
Ronny

Hehee i had forgot you "used to go out in pig cars" :)

Reply to
Chet

I was only road testing it after repair. It was down on power and a top speed test was the only to find out if full power had been restored as I don't have £100K for a Dyno and £250K for a place to install it.

I was testing and familiarising myself with the improvement the latest mod had made.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Use the chewbacca defense! It worked both times I saw it used on TV!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

in news:428bd38b$0$93740$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net, Douglas Payne slurred :

Lol.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

It's because they can't have drain pipe exhausts to go with their vinyl graphics and Blue LED lights, they need something to make some noise.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Vamp, and others. Find you MP on here

Email them, tell them it wrong and tell them why.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I base all my legal procedings on episodes of southpark. Doesn't everyone?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I remember seeing an ex police Rover P6 3500 auto where the first gear lock up had been disabled. And it was a lockup on non police cars. Once engaged at low speed, it wouldn't change up no matter how you tried - unlike newer boxes. Maximum speed before the hydraulic tappets pumped up just over 60. And although kickdown from a standing start would get near this speed in drive, once it had changed up you couldn't use kickdown to first above about 25. Or get first with the manual selector above this speed either. Dunno which they were trying to protect - the gearbox or final drive, since the engine would be ok.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Loadsa Wookies in the new Star Wars film :)

Not on Endor tho, cos Wookies don't come from Endor...

Reply to
DanTXD