Back from my trip, need a car

I'd be banned in minutes if I actually owned it. They're the nearest thing to a soft top RS2000 Escort that I can think of. Similar sound, similar handling, better ride..

No, I'm gonna stick with the big stuff, it's useful being able to tow things, and it's not unusual for my car to be loaded to the roof with guitars, amps and musicians on a Friday night..

Reply to
Pete M

They're not bad on the track either, well certainly better than me.

Fair enough, I also need something that'll carry four people at the same time without too much discomfort and still is odd enough to fit my strange car habits.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yea I never really got that, insurance doesn't seem to be noticeable different either. My friend had a right mare shifting hers last year. But to be fair, it was a pile of shit. You just know when someone says "AC doesn't work - just needs a regas" that the car is gonna be crap. Went for £960 on ebay iirc.

Reply to
DanB

It's partly because the Eunos had softer suspension than the MX5 when new. Doesn't make much difference now because they're all getting a bit soggy unless they've had shocks done, but shit like that tends to stick and devalue stuff.

Eunos with decent shocks and springs is a proper giggle, and not many MX5s (if any Mk1s) had AC so it's nothing to complain about.

I gassed up that red one I'm on about earlier in the thread and the AC was bloody brilliant in it.

Reply to
Pete M

Welcome back, good to see you.

Just get 2 MX-5s. I've got one, it's awesome. Stylish (if you're comfortable with your sexuality), fun in abundance and much more practical than a MK3 MR2 or even an Elise. You can't lose!

LPG them if you're worried about fuel costs.

The UK national MX-5 forum probably has a for sale section:

IME they sell quickly anyway, but especially in the spring. Just phone up quicker!

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh, trust me on this one, it going for £960 was not someone getting a bargain. I wouldn't have touched it with Doug's.

Reply to
DanB

Shagasheep, I was pissed that I paid 120.9 for BP Ultimate in the sticks when I picked up the aero.

Reply to
Elder

It's costing me almost £1 per 10 miles now. So you are about 13p a mile cheaper there.

Reply to
Depresion

Wannabuyacar?

4.0 Toyota Celsior. Bit thirsty and short MOT but your for half sane offer.
Reply to
Elder

I thought the Celsior had gone? Sell it to Timo ffs ;-)

Reply to
DanB

Ferkoff. I *do* have some standards.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Tell the truth...

Reply to
DanB

It's still about. The guy who hit the buy now never got back. Second aution not a sniff. Third didn't hit but got close to a very sensible reserve so I second=20 chanced it to the two closest bidders and neither got back.

Did have an offer from one of the retro-rides guys, His A8 was going to=20 Edinburgh, so he wanted something sensible in between his Micra and his=20 Olds Cutlass that he could mod VIP style as a longterm drive/restore/mod=20 project.

But the day before the collection his buyer let him down, so he couldn't=20 get it.

It's on the trader now on their =A39.99 2 week web only deals. Had two=20 calls, both from young sounding asian guys "what's your best price"=20 types, asking about full service history, and does everything work, on=20 an early 90's import advertised with a price in the low to mid hundreds.

One in Manchester who wants come see today and will ring back, the other=20 in Sarf Laaaaaaaandon who didn't even know where Warrington was, and=20 thought it was east coast when I said between Manchester and Liverpool,=20 and phoned at 10.30 at night on a Friday.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Gone now. Got Treefiddy back for it. Probably going to be broken for spares.

Reply to
Elder