Re: Temptation

> I suppose you could buy the car and nige the stereo out on ebay.

> I did consider that one too, but I obviously wouldn't get £450 for it. > And I'd still need a head unit, and possibly speakers depending what was > left in there. And it's all hassle. > > But, as I said in my other post, I'm going be sensible this time. It's > not something I normally do when buying cars, but I've gotta grow up at > some point :)

Well the Activa definitely isn't sub-400 quid territory, but if you sell the T5 and get some cash together, it's the ideal sensible car that's still a hoot to drive. If I decide to sell it that is. BTW, is the T5 a saloon? I'm probably not interested tbh - sounds tempting, but Tim's mate's S80 T6 is even more tempting. Roughly what sort of money would you be looking at for the T5 anyhoo?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It's an estate and I've put it up for £800 just to test the water TBH. I'm still not convinced I want to sell it.

What do you reckon the Xantia is worth then?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's just possible to shoehorn some 6x9s into the rear of the SD1 by fitting wood baffles so they can overlap the edge of the mounting. But you'll need to make a cover of some sort to stop them showing in the boot. Sounds very good with the parcel shelf in place and much better looking than mounting them in that. I used JBLs and replaced the front with JBLs of the same original size. I've got a Woodstock DAB 54 driving them and it sounds not bad at all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)