big block v8's BMW E36 diffs

Actually, as burgerman pointed out, the tyres act as a "torque relief valve" to limit the strain on the rear diff. If the weight on the rear tyres isn't enough to stick them to the road, it will wheel spin rather than blow the diff.

Reply to
Sales!

In news:zzzlc.190$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net, ¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Would sound gorgeous, but one of the things that's drawing me to the Merc V8 is it's pretty much self contained, the whole injection system sits in the V, and doesn't sit that high either. I suspect it's possibly lower than the plenum on a V8 Rover.

... although a Rover lump is tempting just to fit the turbos in the garage to.

Reply to
Pete M