Bllody anti-roll bar mount shagged tonight

Driving home felt something knocking. Got home and discovered that the worn ARB bush had left enough play for the bar to knock the mount about enough for a bolt head to shear.

Now held in place with just one stud.

If it could have waited until the weekend, I would have been replacing both the bushes anyway.

Now I have to go see the garage I use first thing, phone work tell them I'm going to be late, and see if he will drill and retap the hole and get me another bolt in.

He's usually pretty good in an emergency.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

unlucky m8

must be the day for it

having a few suspension related problems with the cavvy today and a coil pack faliure on the scenic(sorted thanks to a nice RAC man)

Reply to
Rob

Yeah. Well, I managed to change the other boush before the same thing happened.

But the knackered side, the old bush was split in two, so I've had to put the new bush arround the ARB, and just clamp it down using the remaining nut and stud. But I don't fancy driving any distance, until i cna get the broken bolt drilled out and replaced. One thing I don't fancy is losing a new poly bush and the bush mounting strap, for the sake of an hour at the garage.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

What's that you say ? Coil-pack failure on a late European car ?

Well I never !

Reply to
Nom

Job Jobbed. Local welder/mechanic bloke sorted.

10 minutes with the gas axe, 5 minutes with the mig and a pair of mole grips. Had the broken bolt out and a replacement in.

Only an hour late for work, but I told them I would be.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar