Bought another banger

Can't resist a quality banger. (Yep, been to the auctions again).

List of cliches now follows - all true in this case.

1988 'F' registered Audi 80 1.8S (automatic)

Main agent direct.

warranted 45,000 miles from new. (45,000 miles in 18 years = 2,500 miles a year = 100 miles a week).

One owner from new. Has to have been an old boy, see above.

Bodywork virtually unmarked throughout. Zero rust - it's galvanised.

Full year MOT.

Drivers seat bolster unmarked (worn bolster is the first sign of clocking on an 80). Interior has that 'never been sat in' look to it.

Original 1980s-tastic 14" wheel trims in unmarked condition.

Factory fit Blaupunkt.

So - a true timewarp machine.

Obviously, I'm not telling you lot how much we paid, but the same amount of money would have bought us any amount of shagged out L reg Mondeos and Astras.

Quite a dull car if truth be told, but we couldn't resist it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

Good find. I've just been listening to our local DJ going on about a 14 year old micra with 40,000 on the clock he bought for £200. Another good find.

Reply to
Tunku

How much did it cost to transport it over here from a planet where there's 25 weeks in the year?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Perhaps the previous owner drove it in reverse for the other half of the year.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Crappy rithmetic ?

Me ?

P.S. The deal fell through - which is a first for me at the auctions. Went to pay and the deal's off.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Its nuts how cheap some cars are these days. Almost unbelievable.

Reply to
Ed