BTCC

Awesome!

That is all. :-D

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

The VXR boys defiantly understand team play.

Reply to
Depresion

They all do. I've no doubt that if Jason Plato had been 2nd to Darren Turner in the last race at Knockhill, DT would have let him through. JP has a slim chance of winning the championship. DT has no chance at all. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The 'VanMan, Tim S Kemp and I were there. We thought we could have done better in a MK1 Primera though.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

from today at Knockhill. Woo!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Really?

He's nuts if he drove all that way just for BTCC. :-)

I'm planning on going to the last meet of the season at Brands Hatch on 21st September if anyone is interested in a 'UKRCM South Does BTCC' stylee meet.

BHP Performance Show at Lydden - someone was running an ex BTCC P11 Primera. Might not have been a P10 but it looked the nuts. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Be interesting to see if there are any points deducted etc in due course over some of the more questionable manoeuvres that took place in the third race today.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Aye... I'm not sure whether Darren Turner would have punted off one of the Vauxhalls if they were in the lead of the race and stood to reel in their team mate who was leading the series on points, though.

The move Tom Onslow-Cole did on Jason Plato which resulted in Plato being punted off the track into the wall looked questionable to say the least from where I was sitting...

Very exciting racing though - F1 is positively stagnant by comparison. .

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Not a chance they use the same red rule book as Ferrari in F1, they can cheat as much as they want but no-one else can.

Alan...

Reply to
Alan Smith

Better live.

The smell of brakes, tyres and shedloads of overfuelling...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Brands is tempting if a few are going. AVM met me at Ferrybridge Services and we went up from there in the Stuttgart Taxi. But yes, he drove from Home this morning and drove home afterwards, in fact he's probably still driving...

Knockhill is such a close and tight circuit it's worth the trip. And BTCC is the most followed series after F1 in the UK.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And so it should be - it's much more entertaining than F1.

Even the support acts, so to speak, are pretty good... especially the Ginetta Juniors. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

You know, I disagree?

It's not like a footie match. If you go to a live one of these, you tend to be able to get a good view of all the action and there's a real atmosphere, in part due to the fact that the bulk of the spectators are cheering on one team or the other.

That, and you're captively sat on your rear for 105 minutes rather than there for the whole day.

Most circuits I've been to, you can't see all the action all of the time.

Lydden is a good circuit in as much as you can see virtually the whole track from where you park your car.

This is something that seems to differentiate banger racing tracks from more regular racing tracks as well - you can normally see all of the track (and therefore action), all of the time. Enjoy it whilst it lasts though, as I wouldn't be surprised if it's banned as part of a 'save the environment' ruse, at some stage.

ITV4 have excelled themselves this year with the coverage they give to BTCC and its support acts - given the replays / different camera shots etc. of incidences that happen on the track, the interviews with the drivers post race... well I don't actually see staying at home to watch the action unfold as a poor relation to actually being there, really. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

I remember a fun day at Silverstone - only little races, but we got to wander round the track (*), and saw lots of good stuff. The result wasn't the interesting bit, it was just the feel of being there, watching them do silly stuff.

(* on bikes, and we probably made one marshal's day by going quick enough that he was able to say "where do you think you are, a racetrack?" as a telling off)

cheers clive

Reply to
Clive George

Fancy the DTM at the back end of August?

Reply to
Abo

Some circuits suck spectator wise, I hate Silverstone (great atmosphere but decent seats are £££££ - doesn't stop me going...), Brands (again, poor viewing, pain to get to from up north) and Oulton (can't even walk around, or cross the circuit during the race) so I avoid them (apart from the F1) - but Donington, Croft and Knockhill are great circuits with good viewing, Snetterton is let down by being dull and I've not done Rockingham yet but it's meant to be the biz.

Plus you can always record it and watch it later too.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And mine too

Yay!!!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Poor viewing, yer kidding? Ok, for the GP circuit yeah but if you sit in the grandstand at the top of paddock hill bend you can see loads.

Croft is my local circuit and I've been there many, many times. The best for me was the late '80's rally cross days though, when there was a huge kerb at the apex of the right hander after Clairvaux(sp?), cars would often hit it and roll into the tyre barrier. There were races with two or three cars stacked there by the end of them lol.

And I saw a Legend fly through the air at that corner in 1997 (Eurocar support), go over the fence, over the spectators(!!!) and land on the service road behind the track. That's why there is a huge catch fence there now, there used to be just a wooden stake fence.

Rockingham is the dog's nob as far as facilities goes; no crappy portaloos, plenty of seating obviously and you can see the entire track and therefore all the action. The thing that lets it down though is that you are distanced a bit from the racing. I remember the first time I went in 2001 and thinking 'cool, a mini-Daytona', then I went to the real Daytona in 2003 and it just doesn't compare. That place is something else...

Reply to
Abo

Doh, let me edit that, it was late when I wrote it...

'Poor viewing, yer kidding? Ok, for the GP circuit yeah but *for the Indy circuit* if you sit in the grandstand at the top of paddock hill bend you can see loads

Reply to
Abo

Reply to
AstraVanMann