BTCC

yeah, I'd be up for that....

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Didn't know the big single seaters were going to be there. (Hillclimb cars).

Demo runs I take it ?

Bob Sherunckle

Yours are well rough looking. Well one of them anyway ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yeah, they made quite a lot of noise (especially the red one), but they weren't really trying I don't think.

I didn't hear what the commentator had to say about them and someone disappeared off to England with my 1/3 of the programme! (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The red one belongs to Graeme Wight, it's got a V6 DTM engine in it.

Homer

I think he's grown a couple of extra cylinders since then:

of engine)

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That'll be Roy Napier's car, not GW JR's (Roy originally owned the Phantom P75 which was eventually owned by Joe Johnstone, it was yellow back then, but now it's white. Joe then had the yellow Clan, which he then sold and he now has an Elan +2 which you may have seen at Bo'ness. Douglas Anderson spannered on the Phantom P75, Douglas being the bloke where I got engine 2 for the Sylva from.) Talk about 6 degrees of seperation ?...

Anyway, the predator has an ex F1 V10 (look up Pride Engines) , not a DFV like in the picture. Junior, as he appears to be known, did all of the upgrades to Les Mutch's Dax Rush V6, the green one with the Drenth Sequential box in it. Les is also Andy Thoirs' cousin, they're both out at F'burn this coming weekend, Andy is in his MK Indy ZX12R with flappy paddle shifting.

(I know, I'm an Anorak, but when it comes to hillclimbing, I'm an uberanorak.)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Hmm, the part in the closeup where it says "R A Napier" on the side of it should have given the game away. Oops.

I have a pic of the Phantom somewhere, and the Clan I think. Deep in the depths of the archive. Here's the Elan:

Ah, the Predator:

made quite a fruity noise too. Couldn't help but feel it was a wee bit wasted on the 600odd yds at Fintray in the wet though. (c:

I enjoy watching the Mutch Dax Rush. I like the vroom vroom noises, I like the "clonk" of the gearchange and the almost brake lockingness they seem to manage into every corner. I also like how they seem to manage to do Single Seater speeds and times at Hillclimbs and sprints.

the uninitiated, that's Les Mutch's Dax Rush. At this point he's done 2 laps from a standing start in under a minute and has crossed the start/finish line at 95mph. To put things into context, this is John Stevenson crashing his ~500bhp Impreza after having done the full 3 laps and crossed the start/finish line at 98mph.

And this Supercharged Hayabusa powered DJ Firehawk doesn't go as much faster than either of these cars as one might expect. It has the advantages of aero downforce and light weight but is much more expensive to fix if it gets broken.

I'll be at Forrestburn on Sunday. (c:

We're not worthy. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What's that? You were expecting links?

Ah yes!

Douglas Payne wrote:

Douglas Payne

Oops, haven't seen it for a while, should have noticed it had the wrong nose on it.

Reply to
Homer

Oh, I dunno... I think it's rather fetching really.

Fancy going to the one on your doorstep, relatively speaking? (Brands)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Excellent.

I'm hoping Seat do well in the next leg so that it's down to the wire on the last day - if the last race ended up being the championship decider, I reckon what was happening at Knockhill will look like a mere scuffle by comparison. :-D

-- JackH

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Well I'm a definite on this, and that's enough notice for me to make sure I don't get roped into any projects that need to be carried out over a weekend, at work.

Looked very good on the telly, that's for sure.

BTCC is much better than F1 IMHO.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Chances are that it will be decided in the next round at Silverstone. It would need a DNF or 2 by Giovanardi to even give Plato a chance. I'd like to see Plato win the championship, but I just can't see that happening. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Let's hope Darren does an Onslow on him then to make sure it goes to the last round ;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Looks like it is being treated just as a racing incident seeing as he doesn't appear to have been penalised. Must say it did look a bit like six of one and half a dozen of the other on the TV footage.

I know drivers have their differences in BTCC, but on the whole I think they have a friendlier on and off track relationship with each other than F1 drivers. Maybe because there's not so many millions of pounds at stake. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

It did indeed. Looked to me like JP resisted the tap from OC and got spun round.

I'm sure those of us who've followed BTCC for years realise that none of the drivers are squeaky clean. Especially not Messrs Plato and Neal :-)

and possibly cos they are not mostly spoilt primadonnas ;-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Hey - As I recall you only had about 1/4 of the program, I contributed 2/5.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

> Yeah, they made quite a lot of noise (especially the red one), but>> they weren't really trying I don't think.>>

I paid £1.60 which puts me in at just under 1/3. This means the Gentleman of the GM Estate Car with no windows paid the smallest proportion.

Shock result here is that the Scotsman travelled the shortest distance but is not the tightest when it comes to Programme buying.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I demand a DNA test to determine "Scotsman"'s true nationality.

Reply to
Depresion