car audio advice

Those speakers were well good at the time :-) The Sub i mentioned elsewhere in the thread is sweet as well, gives impressive bass, especially for something so small. Sounds *LOADS* better (and indeed louder) than many 10" or 12" boxed things.

Reply to
Iridium

Comes with a wiring kit, and been quite low power the cables aren't huge. I just tucked them under the sill bit, was pretty easy. The most annoying bit is getting through the bulkhead somewhere for the power lead to get to the battery. If you have a beemer, it's easy, cos the battery is conveniently under the rear seat :-) (E34s they are anyway).

Reply to
Iridium

Heh, the only thing I'd got round to using them for was to find some small ball bearings from a ball-race on my bike, which I'd dropeed on the floor. The whacking big magnets found them for me quite effectively :-D Was quite chuffed when I found they were the right size for the primula. I'll have a think about getting one of the subs you suggested. I'm just not sure I can be arsed ripping the carpets up to run cables. I'm such a lazy sod... hehe.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Velcro.

Reply to
SteveH

How do you make a sub stay under a seat? Obviously you could just bolt it to the floor but you stand a fair chance of a rear passenger kicking the f*ck out of it or it getting nicked after a short arse has driven the car...

Reply to
Doki

Is the right answer. And been that there is no back seats anyway, I simply don't allow the passenger seat to be moved.

Reply to
Iridium