car hunt update :)

Good, no. Fast? Yeah. 150bhp in something that weighs less than the ashtray in my Beetle...

And that's before it has been tuned.

I hate Novas, but I've always had a sneaking desire to own a pair of 2 door Novas. One carefully, tastefully done as a "Vauxhall Nova GSi2000" with leather and so forth, carefully inspired by a Carlton GSi3000.

The other with better running gear - perhaps a RWD conversion - and badged as a 1.0 Merit. Ideally painted metallic brown.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

The 2nd one would have to be a Saloon :) And not brown but the standard beige many of them came in.

Reply to
DanTXD

Both saloons - as 2dr Nova implies (3dr for a hatcback ;) ). I actually find small saloon cars amusing, like Renault 7s.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Or you could do it V6-Clio style and call it a Vauxhall Nova GSI3000 :-)

I've had an idea to own a whole family of Vauxhall saloons - a Nova saloon, Astra Belmont, Cavalier (mk3) saloon and Carlton (maybe Senator as well). Then I'd strip them all completely out, and do a set of Russian doll style Vauxhall bodyshells.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Says he who owns a renault 5.

"Hello, Mr Kettle, this is the operator, will you accept a reverse charges call?"

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

And use a Renault 21 transaxle, that would be decent enough to take the grunt from the 3.0 engine.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

For that you need a 2 or 4 door saloon. With mock tartan nylon interior and a rug in the rear window.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Er !

I think you have 'issues' :)

Reply to
Nom

I think he's got a very creative mind. He'd be great coming up with tortures for the KGB.

I can't talk though. I've always wanted to make "The Museum of Automotice Mediocrity" - somewhere where people can go to marvel at the likes of the Mk V Escort 1.3 OHV, the Talbot Tagora, the Chrysler 180, the Vauxhall FE Victor 1.8, the Chevette ES 2dr saloon, the BMW 316, the Austin Allegro 1.3, the Montego...

Ah, wait. It's called Gaydon, isn't it :)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Yes, of "Auto Express" magazine.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Reply to
AstraVanMan

these were not mediocre motors. My dad had both, and they were great.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Pah, 5 Turbo better than any Nova, ever :)

Reply to
DanTXD

:o) too right, especially my minter compared with some thing that the owner admits is full of tinworm.

Theres not a spot of rust on any of our cars including the 1990 raider and a

1988 BMW.

We look after our cars.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Sssssshhhh. It's based on popular opinion. Don't you remember what one of my favourite cars is?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

You don't need to read them.

Those aren't the issues I'm referring to.

You can go about your business.

Reply to
Nom