car insurance!

been trying to beat my reknewl quote from admiral tonight and can't!

basically got an SP30 with 3 points in jan 2005 then a 56 day ban with 0 points also an SP30 in may 2005, got 4 years NCB i'm a dangerous guy (by statistics) at 24 and being male obviously. i'm quoted on my 328i coupe at £764 FC!

now you can't say that's bad at all! churchill was 2nd with £805 FC and directline of all people at £840, tesco, bell, aa and them confused.com wankers won't go lower than £1200 FC and RAC won't quote online if you have more than 1 conviction tossers!

got a couple i might call tomorrow to see what they can quote me!

Reply to
Vamp

Tried privilege?

4 years NC and they promise to beat best quote don't they?

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

I always get a good deal with chrisknott.co.uk, which someone on here once pointed me too. For the first time, last year, they werent the cheapest and wanted about £600 (Ti - group 17, 37 y/o, one SP30, 5 yrs no claims) but one of the others (can't remember who) quoted £470. Told chrisknott and they matched it :-)

Reply to
Bigus

Probably have a get-out clause for mad bastards like Vamp ;)

Reply to
Abo

True. they proved about =A3200 cheaper on the Octavia compared to Budget who=20 came out best on Confused.com and my last insurer, Lancaster who I was=20 with for the Saab because it was an everyday classic, who actually=20 wanted more for an NA, alarmed imobilised, standard boring (not really)=20 Octavia, than for a classic turbo convertible Saab without any=20 alarm/immobiliser and kept outside on the drive even though the mileage=20 driven etc won't change.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Not bad considering your "record". I was looking at about that for a=20 Saab 9000 Aero, or about =A3500 for a Volvo 850T5 saloon, or for the old=20 Saab 900 convertible. That is at 37, with a clean license and coming upto 5 years NCB

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

"NeedforSwede2" wrote: > basically got an SP30 with 3 points in jan 2005 then a 56 day ban with 0

What's this I see? My crystal ball, that's what.

I predict someone coming along at some point, and uttering the line "Have you ever considered living somewhere less pikey?" :D

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Insurance quotes are daft. Going from a 1.6 astra estate (group 8) to a

2.0 turbo volvo 940 (group 16) has saved me £20 for the last 6 months of my policy with norwich union.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

an=20

Oh I've considered it, but with houses costing at least 3 times as much,=20 and wages not being 3 times higher for moving house, I can see in my=20 crystal ball, Nope aint likely to happen.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Unfortunatley my wages don't increase each year. But they keep dangling shares at us.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Not something that you can spend though?

Reply to
DervMan

Hopefully maybe possibly this year. The option has matured, but they won't let us exercise it until after they publish their 1/2 year figures. Then they won't let you sell without permission. Unless you don't work their anymore after you pay. That works out about 1/3 of what I should really get, but I can wait another year for possibly the rest to be dished out.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Welcome to the world of Volvo ownership!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'm enjoying it so far. I was after a 340 or 360 but couldn't find one locally at a cheap enough price. I just wanted something that was rwd and cheap to see how I got on with it. I'm really enjoying wet roundabouts.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Volvos are great! For some strange reason I'm currently thinking about buying a 700 2.3 Turbo for hooning around in.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Do it. Mines a bit heavy for proper hooning as the brakes fade fairly quickly. The first time I went out in it I had the pads smoking after a quick blast across the moors (B6451 from Otley). I've removed the shields from the backs of the discs to try and improve cooling but I'm struggling to find uprated pads. The only ones I've found so far are ebc green stuffs but I'm not convinced they'd last long on a 1.5 ton car.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

That's cheap :p

Admiral are pretty good. I've got to buy a policy next week for my "new" P-reg VTi. £800 TPFT. I will be 20, 2 years NCB and lovely NG16 postcode, 7k miles and with non standard air filter declared.

Try also elephant and Bell. Same company as Admiral but there's always a little difference in prices.

Also, they're 10month bonus accelerator policy can be transferred to other insurance co.'s so might be an idea to get full 5 years NCB quickly. It only works out about £10-£20 more expensive over 12 months (few pounds more per month).

Reply to
ts86

Insurance groups mean f*ck all really.

Reply to
ts86

If the financials of the company stack up, just keep them. Sell them end of

2010.
Reply to
ts86